-
Re: Tebow to Florida
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Most of his passes were just downright wobbly, and even though he did lead his team to the state championship, it showed them losing several games, and overall I wasn't impressed at what it showed.
[/ QUOTE ]
He's not the #1 HS QB in the country for nothing. I'm surprised that you haven't said that Joe Montana, John Elway, Johnny Unitas, or Dan Marino has some kind of hitch in their delivery or they didn't throw a spiral with EVERY throw like you apparently do. If you can throw a perfect spiral everytime, then get out there and do it. Maybe you'll have a good enough ball that someone takes you in D1 and makes you the next great QB. I guess if Tim Tebow can't throw a spiral everytime he doesn't even deserve to play at UVA-Wise. No wonder Pate was "garbage" in your opinion, you anti-Coeburn person.
You're a legend in your own mind. And PLEASE--spare us all from the "you're attacking me" crap before you even begin--you opened yourself up to it. Own up and take it. And if you can't take it...then don't say stupid things like you just did.
Oh--and I don't think your great Appy QB heroes like Mabe and Turner threw a spiral EVERY time too. Maybe someone pointing that lil fact out to you will open your eyes--not everyone can be as perfect as you are...that's S.A.D.
-
Re: Tebow to Florida
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
No wonder Pate was "garbage" in your opinion, you anti-Coeburn person.
[/ QUOTE ]
He wasn't "garbage" in my opinion, I just flat out thought that he wasn't a very good quarterback. I've had several people at school that agree with me on this.
You act as if I'm insulting him or calling him out on purpose just to ridicule him, but that isn't what I'm doing - I'm just flat out saying that he doesn't impress me at all. Doh!
I'm not anti-Coeburn either, I'm just not fond of the football program there. I have nothing to say about the baseball and basketball programs, because they don't seem to be all that bad.
(P.S. - Mabe could throw a spiral most of the time. I watched him all throughout the 2002 season because my dad took me to just about every Appy game. I was there throughout the regular season, and I even watched as far as to the Bath County playoff game up there at UVA Wise. I know what I saw, and even when he played for UVA his throwing skills were in tact and amazed me. You probably either didn't pay much attention to the way his throws looked or flat out didn't care. How much did you watch Mabe, anyways? Only when he played Coeburn?)
-
Re: Tebow to Florida
get off Mabes nuts ... Tebow is gonna be a BEAST!! I like the intensity he plays with and hes not afraid to hit. Im gon love having him as a Gator! I think he will be a better fit in the system than Leak. Leak would have had a much better year with Zook being the coach. And if Spurrier were still around, Leak would be putting up HUGE numbers.
-
Re: Tebow to Florida
I'm not saying Mabe is a better quarterback than Tebow... of course he isn't better. If he was, he'd be in the NCAA by now.
I'm just saying that his ability to throw spirals nearly all of the time really impressed me.
-
Re: Tebow to Florida
Will somebody tell this young man that throwing a spiral doesn't make you an elite QB???
That's what I mean man--you know NOTHING about the position that throws the pigskin that you love so much. Learn the position, learn there's more than just throwing a spiral, and you'll have a little bit of credence given by others on here for your opinions...you'd get even more credibility if you just went out and suited up and played the game...any game. Do you play ANY organized sports???
-
Re: Tebow to Florida
Do I play any organized sports? No.
Do I think that throwing a spiral makes you the best quarterback? No.
Here, read what I said in another thread:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
It can be done, however. I've even seen a number of quarterbacks from this area that could throw spirals most of the time. Doesn't mean they're the best, however... I just love the way it looks when the ball is release and just starts spinning round and round perfectly until it reaches its intended target... the smoothness and perfection of it all just bewilders me.
[/ QUOTE ]
-
Re: Tebow to Florida
haha this kid cracks me up ...
-
Re: Tebow to Florida
We see things differently, then. I'm just not like everybody else. It's normal for you to laugh at me, because the things that I find fascinating are abnormal or unimportant to most people.
-
Re: Tebow to Florida
Well dude, you're "seeing things differently" from two guys (MOX and myself) that grew up playing all kinds of sports, including football, and including playing...you guessed it...QB. I think our opinions and thoughts on things of that nature are a lil more informed and experienced than yours.
You'd do better to not undermine us...but instead, ask questions and LISTEN.
For example--you find Tebow "unimpressive". MOX and myself both think this guy's the goods and will probably be the next great UF quarterback in the footsteps of Wuerrfel & Grossman. BUT--because he doesn't throw a spiral every time ESPN shows a montage on him--he's just not that good in your opinion. Given all of that, with actual logic (if you can comprehend as much), who's opinion is more correct??? I didn't say you couldn't have your opinion, I'm telling you it's simply flawed and not correct in comparison.
-
Re: Tebow to Florida
I understand what you're saying, and you are definitely right, but by seeing things differently I just mean that most people aren't really picky over whether or not their throws come out looking good. I'm just that way, and I don't know why... I just yearn for my throws to at least look great, even if they don't hit the target 100% of the time.